threats and intimidation

micky

Nov 21, 2020, 10:33:54 AM11/21/20
"The state certification process should be free from threats and
intimidation", so say the two men from Wisconsin (or Michigan?**) who
trump invited to DC yesterday.

So what sort of threats and intimidation did he offer them? Plainly
there was some, or they woudn't have said what they did. I want to know
details and NPR, Bloomberg, and CNN haven't given them.

Trump spent an hour with them yesterday.

Frankly, I thought it was bad form to go at all, because people would
imagine some deal was made in private (even though people can be
threatened and make deals on the phone too), but I'm stupid so if I were
in their shoes, I probably would have gone, if only for the food.
Surely there was food. Well, if no food, then to see parts of the white
house I didn't see on their tour (which only showed 3 or 4 rooms, the
blue room, the red room....)

**From the NYTimes: Minnesota or Michigan? Trump lawyers mix up ‘M’
states in an affidavit intended to prove vote fraud.

I think that says it all. Well, no, it doesn't:
An affidavit filed by President Trump’s legal team intended to prove
voter fraud in Michigan apparently used data taken from counties in
Minnesota, the latest in a series of embarrassing missteps that have
made Mr. Trump’s uphill legal fight even steeper.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/20/us/joe-biden-trump#minnesota-or-michigan-trump-lawyers-mix-up-m-states-in-an-affidavit-intended-to-prove-vote-fraud

An affidavit filed by President Trump’s legal team intended to prove
voter fraud in Michigan apparently used data taken from counties in
Minnesota, the latest in a series of embarrassing missteps that have
made Mr. Trump’s uphill legal fight even steeper.

trader_4

Nov 21, 2020, 12:20:44 PM11/21/20
I would have gone, told Trump he needs to concede, it's over, what he's doing is tearing
the very fabric of our democracy. I would have told him I'm voting consistent with
the popular vote. And then after leaving, I would have had a press conference stating
the above. but then these are politicians, worried about their future, not worried about
America.

micky

Nov 21, 2020, 1:40:19 PM11/21/20
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 21 Nov 2020 09:20:39 -0800 (PST), trader_4
Well, except for clause 2, 3, and 4 of your first sentence, it sounds
like that they did all the rest, plus they asked for help on something
important we all would agree they should be helped on (corona or
something, so even though they probably won't get any help, their trip
was not without a purpose.).

But just now I hear that instead of flying back last night, they stayed
overnight at the Stumpie Hotel, and some guest on CNN thinks that's bad.
Of course he does, that's just the kind of thing that looks bad, if only
because there will always be those who say it's bad. You can't buy me
off for the price of one night in hotel, any hotel, even if I got free
room service and minibar**. And I would hope that anyone who's not
starving is similar. (And for anyone who is starving, it's not enough.)

I expect that they will all vote to approve it, the two on the trip and
everyone else, and after that the hotel won't be mentioned. It would be
if they were running for governor or Congress, but I doubt they are.

**I wouldn't use the minibar even if it was free. It's too expensive.
Well maybe I would. My only chance to see what makes a candy bar worth
$9.

https://res.cloudinary.com/trump-hotels/image/upload/v1595363135/tdor0lnmryvl2bsu2tzx.pdf
It appears that there is no room service between 10PM and 7AM. What is
America coming to. I was suspicious because I looked into room service
in downtown Baltimore once, and maybe if I knew which are considered the
best hotels I would have found it, but a couple places I looked only had
phone number for pizzarias that would deliver!! And it seems Trump
International is no better.

Can you make a meal from the minibar? If a candy bar is $9, how much is
a steak, and how do you cook it?

I certainly see why they stayed overnight. It's a pain to fly in and
out of any place in one day. Plus if they did no more than walk around
last night, that would have been nice. it was pretty warm last night.
And if they are honest, they know they can't be bought.

I was thinking about how much I would expect to be offered. It's got to
be more than 699,999 to even consider it. And I'd expect payment in
advance because they can't be trusted. Is there time enough to arrange
that without leaving a trace? Say they give me 800,000 in cash. I
don't know how to deposit that without attracting attention, especially
if I had voted improperly and the police or prosecutor is watching what
I do. Maybe, unlike phones, these payments come with instructions. Or
there is a pdf file you can download. It's getting complicated...I
think I'll just eat everything in the minibar that I can, and take the
rest home. To show my scorn for him. Maybe I'll leave a note. After
all, the candy bar only costs the hotel 50 cents.

Bob F

Nov 21, 2020, 8:06:55 PM11/21/20
On 11/21/2020 7:33 AM, micky wrote:
> "The state certification process should be free from threats and
> intimidation", so say the two men from Wisconsin (or Michigan?**) who
> trump invited to DC yesterday.
>
> So what sort of threats and intimidation did he offer them? Plainly
> there was some, or they woudn't have said what they did. I want to know
> details and NPR, Bloomberg, and CNN haven't given them.
>
> Trump spent an hour with them yesterday.
>
> Frankly, I thought it was bad form to go at all, because people would
> imagine some deal was made in private (even though people can be
> threatened and make deals on the phone too), but I'm stupid so if I were
> in their shoes, I probably would have gone, if only for the food.
> Surely there was food. Well, if no food, then to see parts of the white
> house I didn't see on their tour (which only showed 3 or 4 rooms, the
> blue room, the red room....)

McDonald's Burgers and fries?